Wednesday, October 14, 2015

October Baby Favorites

Now that my son is quickly approaching the 3 month mark, we have started using some baby products that we didn't need until now. Here are some of my favorite things that we've recently started using:

Fischer Price Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat - This has been the best $40 purchase of my son's life so far! LOVE LOVE LOVE this little seat! It collapses flat for easy storage or travel and he's been obsessed with sitting up and looking around lately, so this is a perfect way for him to sit up while mommy gets stuff done! He sits in this while I take a shower, cook dinner, etc. and as long as he has a toy with him, he's having a blast!




Fischer Price Space-Saver High Chair - This was something I considered returning and exchanging for the Ingenuity 2-in-1 Booster Seat but I'm glad that I didn't. I did buy the Ingenuity seat and we tried it for a few days but I just didn't see the practicality of that seat over the Fischer Price Space-Saver High Chair. We just started putting Graham in this if he's awake while we eat dinner. I want to try very hard to make family dinners at the kitchen table a pivotal point in our daily lives as our family grows. **Elephant strap covers did not come with the high chair, they were made separately by our awesome cousin Courtney**





Carter's Plastic Lined Bibs - We didn't start using bibs until a few weeks ago because now that my son eats more, he tends to spit up more and I find myself changing his outfits multiple times a day, so bibs have come in handy. My favorite bibs are Carter's brand (from Target) and they have a layer of plastic between the fabric, which prevents any drool and spit up from soaking through the bib onto my son's clothes.




9oz Tommee Tippee Bottles - My son has been on formula since he was a few days old and I'm very happy with the Tommee Tippee brand. We received three sets of the 5oz bottles for when he was younger, but since he's been eating 5oz at a time (about a month ago) we have started using our two sets of 9oz bottles. I originally chose Tommee Tippee because I read many reviews that said they made switching between breast and bottle easier, but they have worked out very well for a strictly formula-fed baby too!




Play Mat - Since we brought Graham home from the hospital, we have been laying him down on his play mat, but it wasn't until this past month that he started actually noticing the sound of the rustling, dangling cloud or seeing the light reflecting in the dangling sun mirror. He also has started swatting at the dangling toys, which is a 2 month milestone, so this product has become more useful as he has become more aware of his surroundings.



Upholstered Rocking Chair - We have been getting more use out of our upholstered rocker once we moved it into our bedroom, where Graham sleeps in his Rock'N'Play and where we feed him in the middle of the night. Once we move him into his room later this month, it will make sense for us to move the rocker again.


Infants' Tylenol - This has been a lifesaver after Graham's 1 month and 2 month doctor appointments! He is very fussy and warm the evening after his shots so this has been so helpful (and he likes the taste so it's easy for us to give it to him)!


Infant Bath Tub - Maybe I'm weird, but I only gave my son sponge baths until he was around the 2 month mark, even though our baby tub (pictures below) has a little seat to help infants stay propped up. He always liked getting a bath, but now he loves it even more! However, I do find it hard to wash the lower half of his body when he rests on the little green seat, so I end up washing the top half of his body and then playing with him before taking him out and finishing his bath with a wash cloth. 



Johnson's Hand & Face Wipes - In one of my earlier posts, I talked about how I found these wipes to be useless because they made Graham's face breakout in terrible baby acne, but now, I use them on his hands at least once a day, since he's in that phase where he constantly has his hands in his mouth (some mother's have said he may be teething already!?).

There you have it! Some of my October Baby Favorites! Have you discovered new products or brands that you absolutely love? Please share in the comments below!





Happy Living & God's Blessings!
J.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment