Thursday, October 29, 2015

Low Calorie Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Autumn is my favorite season. I love the leaves, the crisp air, wearing sweatshirts and jeans, and knowing that it is the beginning of the holiday season! Here's the tricky part though, the holidays are upon us, which means that, as Americans, we stuff our faces! How on earth am I supposed to enjoy the holidays, which generally revolve around food and family, if I'm counting calories?! By making some healthy dishes of my own! And how can you go through autumn without having pumpkin and apple everything? Or is that just me? Either way, I was given an AWESOME low calorie pumpkin spice muffin recipe that I am going to share with you! To determine the calories or my recipes, if the food isn't listed on my FitBit app, then I go on my laptop and plug my recipes into MyFitnessPal and it does all of the calorie counting and nutrition label information for me!

Low Calorie Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Calories - 87 per muffin
Prep Time - 10 minutes
Cook Time - Varies (it was 25 minutes/dozen for me)


Ingredients:
1 box of Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
1 c. water
1 can of pure pumpkin (I used the Aldi brand)

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven according to the instructions on the Spice Cake box (I preheated my oven to 325*)
  2. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl until there are no lumps in the batter (I used my hand mixer to make the consistency smooth)
  3. Line a muffin tin with baking cups
  4. Scoop batter into baking cups and fill them 3/4 of the way (I used an ice cream scooper and found that I filled them in about two scoops)
  5. Place in oven for designed time according to the back of the Spice Cake box (My muffin tin makes 12 muffins so I left them in for 25 minutes)
  6. Make sure the muffins are thoroughly cooked by sticking a toothpick into the middle of the muffins. If the toothpick comes out clean then they are thoroughly cooked, if not, then stick them back in the oven for a few more minutes.
  7. Let them cool.
  8. ENJOY!

You can't beat low calorie fall treats! Do you have a low calorie recipe to share? Please leave the link in the comments!


Happy Living & God's Blessings!

J.M.





No comments:

Post a Comment