Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Becoming the Example I Want To Be

Some people think changing when you get married or have a baby is a bad thing, but I don't. I love that I've traded late nights drinking cheap beer in crappy bars for staying in, wearing pajamas, eating frozen pizza and drinking sweet red wine with my husband. I love that I've traded a full-time job and a nice salary for t-shirts dawning spit-up, doing chores and making priceless memories with my son. I think getting married and the birth of my son have helped me shape who I want to be and I'm okay with the person I'm changing into, but that doesn't come without noticing some of my own bad habits. 

Not all habits and behaviors stem from our upbringing, but I do think part of who we become stems from what we see. I don't have the best health habits, and not that I'm blaming my parents for my disregard of exercise most days {everyday}, but I think had my parents' health habits been different when I was growing up, then maybe mine would be too. With that in mind, having a child has made me want to be the best version of myself and set a good example for him. Here is just a small glimpse into the gamut of flaws I see within myself that I will continuously strive to improve upon, while remembering not to be too hard on myself because I am an imperfect and sinful human.

Health: 
I hope to eat healthy and make smart food choices
I hope to demonstrate portion control
I hope to teach safety and self control

Hygiene:
I hope to make timely and routine doctor appointments
I hope to teach proper hygiene routines

Fitness:
 I hope to exercise at least 3 times a week
I hope to teach the importance of exercise


Faith:
I hope to educate my son on the importance of faith in God

Prayer:
I hope to show him how to pray and why it's a necessity in life

Discipleship:
I hope to demonstrate discipleship through talking freely and openly about my faith and sharing the gospel with those around me

Love:
I hope to show my son what love looks like through the way I care for him, my husband, my family, my friends, and others around me

Generosity:
I hope to demonstrate generosity through serving others and volunteering

Happy Living & God's Blessings!
J.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment