Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Two Hands

On the anniversary of September 11th, I find myself compelled to talk about what I am thankful for, and there are so many things at that. I am thankful that God gave me life, that He gave me to my parents and that He equally gave them back to me. I'm thankful for having a wonderful brother who is so close in age (15 months older than me) and who has successfully worked hard enough to get into medical school. I am thankful for the country I live in and for the freedoms our citizenship encompasses. I am thankful for my health and the health of my family. I am thankful for my ever growing family, now that I'm getting married I mean, and I am thankful for my education. I am thankful for being gifted and talented and for being able to recognize those gifts. I am thankful for the opportunities God has shown me and for where His future opportunities will take me. I am thankful for my Andrew and for all he has helped me to become in such a short amount of time. He has been such a blessing in my life and I greatly look forward to our future together. 

Today's post is entitled two hands because we are two hands, or 10 fingers, away from getting married! It's also about how I hope to find a career where I can use the gifts and talents God has given me to help others less fortunate than I am. As hard as it is, I hope to become better at trusting in God and His timing and His plan for me and my life. It is a life long journey, but I'm willing to work at it until the end of my life. I want so badly to have a wonderful relationship with God, and in His timing, I trust that He will reveal Himself to me in a way that I can understand. 


Today's Date: September 11th, 2013

Days Until Our Wedding: 10
Today's Overall Mood: Staying busy
Today, I am nervous about: Finding a good job to help support my family
Today, I'm looking forward to: Walking down the aisle to my love


No comments:

Post a Comment