Thursday, December 11, 2014

Tis The Season: My Favorite Holiday Pins

This time of year is my favorite because all of my favorite things get intertwined into an ongoing, season-long, joyous celebration: food, family, music, gift-giving, cookies, merriment and Christ! How exciting! 

I thought I would start this happy post by first sharing our festive holiday decor, after all, it's our first Christmas in a house of our own!

This is a little church that my mom and dad gave us last year! Love it!

Our wonderful pre-lit tree, courtesy of my mother-in-law and father-in-law!
Our tree skirt is new this year and cost $20 from TJ Maxx! I had been looking for one just
like this but they were over $30 on Etsy, which was way out of what I was willing to spend on a tress skirt! 

Our amazing fireplace :) donned with decor from Andrew's Nana
and a few TJ Maxx finds! Our cute stockings are from Walmart too! 
My Favorite Holiday Pins

  • The 36th Avenue blog has a list of sweet holiday transitions to start, my favorite idea from there is to read a scripture every night by candle light! Their blog post includes a list of scriptures which is helpful!
  • Hello Homebody has the instructions for making peppermint candy ornaments! Such a great idea!
  • Growing a Jeweled Rose's blog shares the idea of having a Christmas Eve Box, which includes a book to read before bed, new pajamas, reindeer food, a favorite holiday movie to watch together, popcorn or a snack for the movie, and a craft to make before bed!
  • While He Was Napping provides us with the idea of a kid's Christmas countdown jar, which includes the following:
  • Salt Dough Ornament Recipe (unfortunately this pin doesn't link to a website any longer so I can't give credit where credit is due) 
  • Elliott With 2 T's shared a great idea to go along with the salt dough ornaments by pressing keys to past homes or apartments in salt dough and creating a keepsake to hang on your tree!
  • Let's Lasso The Moon gives us AMAZING tips on how to take great pictures by Christmas tree lights! 
  • Twisty Noodle supplies us with a great holiday coloring pages
  • Amazing Holiday Recipes blog shared a great Christmas breakfast pancake idea, how easy is this! (I recommend using metal cookie cutters)
  • Bakers Royale supplies us with a delightful Peppermint Crunch Truffle recipe!
  • Food I Want To Make shares a delectable Chocolate Peppermint Trifle recipe

Some great pins and must tries! I hope your holiday season is filled with blessings, good health, lots of food, family, fun, and Christ!


Happy Living & God's Blessings!
J.M.


No comments:

Post a Comment