Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend Success

Weekend Success
This weekend was glorious! I got a lot done and I got to do it all with my fantastic husband; I'm so blessed. On Saturday we slept in, which for us is about 7:30-8:00 am; we're just so used to waking up early during the week that we don't even know how to sleep in anymore, then we exercised. I roller bladed while Andrew jogged, which was awesome since it was FINALLY around 60 degrees! Then we got cleaned up and headed to the store where I completed my final grocery store run for the month. This was also a success because we spent waaaay less by going to the store only two times and by meal planning! Meal planning helped save us money because I was shopping with a new purpose, having exactly enough meals for the whole month, whereas before I was shipping to keep the cabinets and fridge stocked, which in the end was just shopping to buy food, whether we ate it immediately or not. 

On Sunday we woke up, went to church, I taught Sunday school while Andrew sat in Bible class, and then we watched our friend's daughter get baptized before heading home. We spent the day relaxing and working on our homework for our Financial Peace University class that we take on Monday nights at our church, before heading to our evening Lenten Bible class called Renew. What a productive weekend! 

Last night in Renew, we talked about what we were giving up or taking on for this Lenten season. I had decided to sacrifice an hour of sleep in the mornings to be able to work out and spend time with Andrew (either talking or reading the Bible together). In class we had to express how our progress with our Lenten goals were going, and up until today, I had only successfully gotten up early about twice, so mine hasn't been easy, but it's definitely worth it. This morning I made sure to wake up and stick to my plan! I know it is worth it to be able to spend extra time with Andrew!

This Weekend I...
ü  Exercised (Saturday, Sunday and Monday!)
ü  Enjoyed the warm(er) weather
ü  Meal Planned for the rest of the month
ü  Second and final grocery shopping trip for the month
ü  Spent quality time with my husband
ü  Read some Bible Passages


How did your weekend goals go - were you productive?


Happy Living & God's Blessings!
J.M.



No comments:

Post a Comment